Sunday, February 28, 2016

Want apology from Education Misnister Smiriti Irani

Parliament Logjam over JNU controversy is likely to continue today, the third day of Budget Session. The Congress is resolute on an apology from Education Minister Smiriti Irani for reading out a JNU pamphlet,which had derogatory refrence to Goddess Durga. The main opposion party has said it will not allow the house to functiontill the minister apologises. Latest replies are:

a) Replying during the debate today in Rajya Sabha Smiriti Irani reffered to the documents and said they were authenticated by JNU . "I read it because I asked to explain the truth. I am a practising Hindu, I myself am a Durga Worshipper. I said it with a lot of pain."
b) "There were no comments made on veracity of facts yesterday. The documents I read are official documents from University, these are not the documents of the government". she said amid shouting from opposition benches.
c) "No blasphemous remark will be allowed in the house. What can I do now is I will go through the record and expunge anything that is blasphemous." Deputy chairman PJ Kurien said.

No comments:

Post a Comment